The 5 biggest concerns for a Not for profit when deciding to migrate from their legacy system like ThankQ, Raiser Edge, Supporter 360 or excel based tracking are:
Anxiety is understandable for Not for profits as they want to dedicate all their time helping make the world a better place rather than managing IT system. Hence, they need a right system that should let them spend the minimum time on computers managing their data. This is why we recommend they use Nonprofit Starter Pack (NPSP) because it scores high on all above parameter.
Here's the detailed analysis on the top 5 reasons:
1. Cost Effective
- Salesforce.com donates subscription of 10 licenses and any additional licenses can procure deep NFP discounts.
- NPSP is built on Salesforce.com trusted platform which manages maintenance releases.
- NPSP is an open-source, BSD-licensed package. As part of NPSP Github project, product bugs are fixed and new functionality are available to use – free of charge and you don’t even have to upgrade.
- Support for NPSP is provided in the Power of Us Hub, an online community (with over 25,000 members) for salesforce.org customers. To log in to the Hub, go to powerofus.force.com and enter your Salesforce username and password. In addition to the HUB, members of the NPSP community also host Weekly Office Hours webinar where you can get your questions answered. There are also a number of local user groups all over the world where people who are using Salesforce in their organisations meet offline to discuss best practices, tips and tricks, and general Salesforce information.
- Great documentation available at: Nonprofit Starter Pack Documentation
2. NFP rich functionality
- NPSP is an easy-to-use fundraising and constituents management application designed for non-profits of all size. It is built on salesforce.com a trusted platform.
360 degree constituent management: Donor & Donation information, manage donor’s household and multiple addresses, relationship with multiple contacts and affiliate with multiple organisations.
Donation tracking: NPSP package support single donation, recurring donations, matching donation, memberships, grants and gifts etc. Hard and Soft credits on related constituents will happen automatically.
General Allocation Unit: NPSP lets you track how the incoming donations are allocated to different projects using General Allocation units
Campaign Management: Salesforce campaigns helps you to manage fundraising and appeal campaigns and track donations collected.
3. Automation & seamless integration with other systems
- Salesforce workflows, process builder and programming languages using Apex and Visual force will enable you automate processes for improved productivity and efficiency.
- Salesforce APIs and web services allow seamless integration with your organisations website, payment gateway and other third party systems.
- Salesforce apex data loader and a wide range of available apps makes data import and extract easy and quick!
- De-duplications apps from AppExchange enables continuous data cleansing and maintains data quality.
- Seamless integration with email marketing tools like Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, Vertical Response, Pardotand Marketing Cloud helps you to communicate effectively. http://www.salesforce.org/nonprofit/communicate/
4. Community Portal
- Salesforce community cloud helps you build communities for donors, members, advocates and or volunteers which enables great engagement and visibility by sharing data with donors, members and volunteers. http://www.salesforce.com/in/communities/overview/
- Community cloud enables collaboration and process automations by enabling users to update their own details thereby reducing staff interaction.
- Case management and client services automation reduces paper work and increases staff productivity and efficiency.
- Authenticated Social single sign-ons are available for Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Amazon and Azure.
- NPSP provides a number of ready to go reports which set you up when you start.
- All Non for profit reports will be supported on Salesforce1 app.
- Salesforce reports and dashboards have a user-friendly drag and drop interface which makes creating reports simple!
- Salesforce analytics cloud will help with big data analysis from multiple data sources.
In summary, Salesforce NPSP is a fundraising and constituent management application which is constantly evolving with leading industry technologies and functionality due to Salesforce innovation and the NPSP Github project active updates.
If you are ready to take your organisation to the next level, to contact us or email at email@example.com