Do you remember ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?
ALS Ice Bucket challenge speaks volumes of the success and reach of such viral marketing campaign. Viral Marketing Campaign is the most effective peer to peer fundraising. With right motivation and today’s social media presence it triggers message and leads to successful campaign and extreme high penetration in masses.
How does Viral Marketing Work?
Viral Marketing use social networking or other technologies to try to increase brand awareness or to achieve donation objectives through self-replicating viral process.
Non for Profit organisation selects group of participants/advocates and circulate message/email them about the Fundraising purpose and donation form. From word of mouth and excitement created by personalised social media messages this circulates across the globe.
Viral Marketing can take form of photos, videos, text messages, dubsmash, games etc.
Viral advertising is personal and, while coming from the Not for Profit, it does not mean businesses pay for its distribution.
Tips for Viral Marketing/Campaign
- Select the right initial advocates for the viral campaign
- Circulate text message/email.
- Clearly mention fundraising purpose and donation form.
- A helpful “How to Guide” can aid in clarity of the campaign.
- Strong messaging to invite friends, relatives & colleagues
- Leverage invitation through online form or social media. If through online form, then series of drip/motivating emails should be planned. If through social media, then assist them with a link which does the facebook post.
How to implement viral campaign using Salesforce & Pardot?
Viral campaign implementation can be done using right customisation software and marketing tool who can handle surge of emails generated by such Viral Marketing.
My recommendation is Salesforce and Pardot. Please note, Salesforce has 1000 emails/days limitation, hence clubbing it with right Marketing tool is important which can cater sudden elevation of emails and can drip emails based on user behaviour and interactions with emails and social media.
- Trigger Email communication to the first level participants/fundraiser/advocates from Pardot
- Email should have Salesforce custom registration form with invitation page – enabling participants to register themselves and invite acquaintances.
- Salesforce registration & invitation form will be integrated with Pardot using form handler thereby creating records in Salesforce and Pardot.
- Invitation will be captured in Salesforce registration emails will be triggered.
- Campaign Registrations will trigger Pardot drip campaigns with motivation emails and “How to do” tips, Give more information on cause, motivating to invite more, advocate the cause or volunteer for the cause
- With each emails have link for donation and motivational message to become regular donors.
Use social networking sites like facebook & Instagram to track the campaign response and keep creating vibes in social media.
Salesforce reporting and Pardot analytics will help you track your campaign success and Marketing ROI. Integration with social media sites will give you complete analytics of social media penetration of your campaign.
Salesforce and Pardot, thereby gives you a holistic solution which covers successful impementation and reporting. There are many apps which integrates with Salesforce to capture Social sentiments and report on them as well.
It's time to take next step in campaigning .. go viral !